2018 Children’s Week Fliers
Children’s Week Resources
Example Press Releases
- 2018 Give Us a Hand Campaign
- 2017 Give Us a Hand Campaign v2
- 2017 Give Us a Hand Campaign Launch
- 2016 Chiles Advocacy Award Press Release
- 2016 CW Schedule of Events Press Release
- 2016 Give Us a Hand Campaign Press Release
- 2016 Storybook Village Press Release
2018 Promotional Materials
The growing success of Children’s Week in recent years is largely due to the collaborative nature of the event and the fact that many non-profits can come together under “One Voice” to support children’s issues and advocate for the full spectrum of children’s services and needs. Local coordinators plan and implement various events in their communities to symbolize the unity of Florida’s statewide child advocacy efforts.
Children’s Week has unified more than 200 community events and activities statewide, bringing thousands of parents, children, legislators, professionals, community leaders and concerned citizens together to share valuable knowledge and information about children’s issues in each community across the state.
The Children’s Week Coordinator Toolkit supplies you with all of the information and resources that you need for your event to have an impact in your local community. This toolkit includes sample invitations, letters, proclamations, press releases, event instructions, deadlines and information on how to promote your event to the media. Please download the Children’s Week Coordinator Toolkit and utilize other toolkits and information listed below..
Children’s Week Partners to Partner With
Children’s Week provides a community of resources for our partners. Check out some of our Children’s Week partners that would like to assist you with your local event by providing information, resources or materials for your event!
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan is partnering with Children’s Week local event coordinators to host interactive booths and provide resources such as healthy message stickers and pencils for distribution at your local events. Please contact Diane Raker Owens at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- DentaQuest is joining Children’s Week as a Statewide Partner to help increase the awareness of how important dental health is, especially at a young age. DentaQuest would love to participate in local events for Children’s Week to provide oral health information, guidance, and resources to ensure children are developing healthy habits. For more information, please contact Douglas Manning at Douglas.Manning@dentaquest.com or by phone at 813-597-7225.
- Pinwheels For Prevention! is Prevent Child Abuse Florida’s Child Abuse Prevention Month campaign. This campaign is designed to be localized for implementation according to your community. Please contact Chris Lolley at email@example.com if you need additional information or technical assistance. You may also visit www.ounce.org for more information on Pinwheels for Prevention or Prevent Child Abuse Florida.
- In coordination with Children’s Week 2016, Ashley Brunson of Florida Covering Kids & Families is working to coordinate Florida KidCare experts to attend local Children’s Week events across the state. If you would like to arrange for a KidCare table to be present at your local event, please contact Ashley Brunson at (813) 974-2180 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Florida KidCare, please visit www.floridakidcare.org.
- Florida State Parks is working with Children’s Week to bring fun educational materials and opportunities to local events. They are donating a couple thousand critter fact sheets, trading cards, bags, and free day passes to parks across the state! To receive some of these items for your local event, please contact Elise at email@example.com. For more information about Florida State Parks, please visit their website at www.floridastateparks.org.